2010年7月7日星期三

see all running process in Linux

How do I see all running process in Linux?

You need to use the ps command. It provide information about the currently running processes, including their process identification numbers (PIDs). Both Linux and UNIX support ps command to display information about all running process. ps command gives a snapshot of the current processes. If you want a repetitive update of this status, use top command.

ps command

Type the following ps command to display all running process:
# ps aux | less

Where,

  • -A: select all processes
  • a: select all processes on a terminal, including those of other users
  • x: select processes without controlling ttys

Task: see every process on the system

2 条评论:

匿名 说...

Nice fill someone in on and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you on your information.

匿名 说...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.